[ RadSafe ] RE: SOMETHING ABOUT NUCLEAR FUEL CYCLE AND THE WASTE

Sun, Lin-Shen casper at bnl.gov
Tue Feb 8 22:15:07 CET 2005

Happy Chinese New Year!

I'm looking for radiation dose rate or risk or sort of hazard index about
nuclear fuel or reactor core as a comparison study before and after been
irradiated (i.e., used) in a reactor.  Moreover, I wish to know for a
typical spent fuel core, how many years is required to cool off, when the
radiation hazard is no worst then its beginning (i.e., before loaded into
the reactor conditions).

I hope this is clear so you can guide me to all useful references.

Thanking you in advance,
Casper