[ RadSafe ] Editorial: " My nuclear nightmare "

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 23 14:39:20 CET 2005

We are ignorant on certain subjects.  That is why we
have books, experts to consult, etc.  The question is
do writers, including some on this list server, avail
themselves of the right sources.

It is also important to remember that some "news" is
really "entertainment."  Look at some of the shows on
television.

http://www.canada.com/montreal/montrealgazette/news/editorial/story.html?id=
> c9dfae5a-c563-4590-ad98-101ae33b10fc
> Editorial
> My nuclear nightmare
> The provincial government should use the threat of
> terrorist attack on
> nuclear plants as a reason to close Gentilly-2
> HENRY AUBIN
> The Gazette, February 22, 2005
>
> <SNIP>
>
>  Accidents and terrorism are the two things the
> nuclear proselytizers want
> the public to forget.
>
> One major industrialized country, Germany, has
> already renounced the nuclear
> path. It plans to scrap its plants by 2020.
>
> Quebec has a chance to beat it to the punch. In
> three weeks, the province's
> environmental-review agency will submit to the
> government its recommendation
> on Gentilly's post-2013 fate.
>
> Dismantling Gentilly would entail little deprivation
> for Quebecers - it
> supplies just three per cent of our electricity. But
> it would make eastern
> Canada safer and set an example for the world.
>
> haubin at thegazette.canwest.com
>

> --
> Date: 2/22/2005

=====
"Baltimore is actually a very safe city if you are not involved in the drug trade."
DR. PETER BEILENSON, the city's health commissioner.

e-mail:  crispy_bird at yahoo.com