[ RadSafe ] Re: Nuclear Power Plant Effluents / EMP, "Nuclear War Survival Skills "

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 28 14:25:21 CET 2005

My wife and I are very stoic about these stories.  You
can prepare for the nuclear attack, the "dirty bomb,"
etc., or get hit by a bus.  We refuse to buy duct tape
and plastic sheeting for our windows.  We have a
radio, and will stay inside or evacuate if necessary.
We have a couple of days supplies in case we get
snowed in.

Personally, I think some of the quotes you list are
from "nuts."  I refuse to live in fear of the
improbable.  Why are you worried about EMP?  Do you
think terrorist have nuclear weapons and
intercontinential missiles?  I am more concerned about
blackouts due to down powerlines.  EMP is different
from lightening due to the instantaneous peak.  If you
want to protect electronic equipment, use vacuum
tubes.

With regard to the TFP, study some basic statistics.
If you have small values for cancer, any increases
with seem dramatic.  They claim an increase of 30%.
Thirty percent of what?  Over what time frame?  Two
years, five years, twenty years?

Worry about the real problems, like that bus.

=====

e-mail:  crispy_bird at yahoo.com