[ RadSafe ] Depleted Uranium Activists

James Salsman james at bovik.org
Thu Jun 23 06:42:39 CEST 2005

> ...DU is...more  than likely...the least likely cause of birth defects....

On the contrary:

Of all the reproductive toxins to which combat veterans of
the February 1991 conflict in Iraq were exposed, uranyl is
the most prevalent per mutation rate.  Everything else in
Iraq is composed of things which are mostly not reproductive
toxins, except to the extent that they include uranyl
compounds, and the other known reproductive toxins are not
as plentiful, as far as I can tell, even accounting for
those with a greater reproductive toxicity than uranyl.

Oil well fires are a problem.  To figure out how much,
you need the statistics for deployment regions.  Aromatic
petroleum combustion products cause cancer but usually not
any mutations of the chromosomes in sperm.  Other things
like vaccinations and antidotes don't do anything by themselves.
The fact remains that uranyl is a strong reproductive toxin.

Does anyone have such geographical statistics for February
1991?  I think Melissa McDiarmid, M.D. is supposed to.  Did
she ever get them?

Sincerely,
James Salsman