[ RadSafe ] Absurd? Oh, the irony!

Bernard Cohen blc+ at pitt.edu
Wed Jun 29 17:13:06 CEST 2005

I believe the neutrons from fusion reactions are to be used to react
with Lithium to produce tritium, which is then used for fuel. The
kinetic energy of the neutrons would be the primary source of heat for
generating electricity; I assume they would interact with water which
thermalizes them and in turn is heated to produce steam. The rest of the
energy release would be in kinetic energy of Helium nuclei and protons;
at least some of this would be required to maintain the temperature of
the plasma