AW: [ RadSafe ] Bicycle accident or collaps of the civilization(radioactive leaks)

Franz Schönhofer franz.schoenhofer at chello.at
Wed Jun 29 18:26:47 CEST 2005

Björn,

I read both Expressen, Aftonbladet and sr.se and think that their messages
are surprisingly objective, compared with what Austrian papers would have
written. This has to be seen also with regard to the fact that the two
papers do not have the best reputation......

What does not become clear from the links, is, where the effluent originated
from. Was it from a storage of liquid waste? Was it from a repository (what
the sr.se might suggest)? I have hard to believe, that the repository would
be filled with water, which even more could easily escape to the sea and
would be measured far below the sea level.

I just took a look at Dagens Nyheter, which is a much better reputed Swedish
paper and the facts given there seem believable: Drainage water from a
repository is collected in a tank and there elevated levels of Cs-137 have
been measured. The total amount of such water collected per year is about
ten to twelve m3. Since the concentrations are so low, it is possible to
dispose of the water directly in the environment. So there is no leak to the
environment.

Best regards,

Franz

Franz Schoenhofer