[ RadSafe ] RE: Med Rad Tech Oversight and CA proposed rule

Paul Lavely lavelyp at uclink.berkeley.edu
Wed Jun 29 22:03:14 CEST 2005

>By the way, a California legislator is proposing a law that would
>require tracking of patient medical exposures and that MDs consider
>the history in making a decision as to tests.
>
>Paul

A couple of folks asked me for more details.

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/bill/asm/ab_0901-0950/ab_929_bill_20050628_amended_sen.html

BILL NUMBER: AB 929

         AMENDED IN SENATE  JUNE 28, 2005
         AMENDED IN SENATE  JUNE 13, 2005
         AMENDED IN ASSEMBLY  MAY 27, 2005
         AMENDED IN ASSEMBLY  APRIL 25, 2005
         AMENDED IN ASSEMBLY  APRIL 4, 2005

INTRODUCED BY   Assembly Member Oropeza
re
FEBRUARY 18, 2005

    An act to add Article 5 (commencing with Section 114897) to
Chapter 6 of Part 9 of Division 104 of the Health and Safety Code,
relating to radiation technology.

         LEGISLATIVE COUNSEL'S DIGEST

    AB 929, as amended, Oropeza.  Radiologic technology: radiation exposure.
    Under existing law, the State Department of Health Services
administers provisions that establish standards for the education,
training, and experience of persons who use radiologic technology on
human beings. Existing law also requires the department to adopt
registration and certification regulations for mammography equipment.

    This bill would require the Radiologic Health Branch of the
department to adopt regulations that require personnel and facilities
using radiation-producing equipment for medical and dental purposes
to maintain and implement quality assurance standards that meet or
exceed the existing mammography standards for the protection of the
public health and safety.

More, more, more . . .
--

****