[ RadSafe ] fallout traveling 3,000 miles

conrad sherman.conrad at comcast.net
Thu Mar 24 01:45:56 CET 2005

 The reason I bring up the 3,000 miles is the Sternglass studies, although I couldn't find his work; here are two clips from the net;  I know "Sternglass . . ."  My point is that the deposition from this shot bypassed the midwest and landed squarly around albany,ny several days later.  I have a map showing this if anybody wants a  copy
Radiation Across America

Radioactive fallout was not restricted to the NTS site or even to the surrounding states. Here and there, across the continent, rain and wind focused enough fallout to create "hot spots." One such spot happened to be Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI) in Troy, NY, where students of physics just happened to have Geiger counters working the morning after a heavy rainstorm. The radiation they detected was from Shot Simon, and they found it everywhere, indoors and out. An average of 16 million atoms were disintegrating each second in each square foot of the campus. Each of those disintegrations released a bit of radioactivity. RPI was more radioactive than some places at the NTS. Years later, Dr. Ernest Sternglass would study the rates of thyroid cancer, leukemia and infant mortality in the Troy area and find all those rates above normal.

In 1969, Dr. Ernest Sternglass traced the dramatic increases in infant deaths and childhood leukemia in upstate New York to airborne radiation from the nuclear tests. He estimated 375,000 American babies had been killed by fallout radiation between 1951 and 1966. And that didn't count the deaths caused by the Soviet Union's 715 tests.