[ RadSafe ] Re: uranium trioxide gas exposure patterns (was:...RE:Gardner Sellafield cluster)

James Salsman james at bovik.org
Sat May 7 05:00:15 CEST 2005

Ivor Surveyor wrote:

>...  I suggest that the balance of judgement is
> against a  causal role for DU in human disease.

Are there any alternative hypotheses remaining?

I understand from a Pentagon official that vaccines,
oil well fire fumes, nerve gas antidotes, and stress
have all been ruled out.  All but stress was ruled
out are early as 2000, according to one report, but
then some of them were announced as if they had not
been.  Then stress was announces as having been ruled
out this year.

What can explain the chromosome damage, which
uranium does to rats?  Q. Hu and S. Zhu, "Induction
of chromosomal aberrations in male mouse germ cells
by uranyl fluoride containing enriched uranium,"
Mutation Research, vol. 244 (1990) pp. 209-214.

If the chromosome damage can be attributed to
uranium contamination, then why not the congenital
malformations?

Sincerely,
James Salsman