[ RadSafe ]Smoking - radon risk

John R Johnson idias at interchange.ubc.ca
Tue May 24 16:30:06 CEST 2005

Franz et al

The dose distribution in the lungs changes with the size distribution of
aerosols and this different in smokers' and non-smokers' houses, but I don't
think we know enough about the relationship between dose distribution and
lung cancer to be able to conclude anything.

You can find more information in "Dosimetry Aspects of Exposures to Radon
and Thoron Daughter Products" OECD 1983.

John
 _________________
John R Johnson, Ph.D.
*****