Ring Badges

This is just to express my appreciation to everyone who responded to my
question about the position of ring badges used to monitor extremity exposure
of clinical nuclear medicine technologists.  Yes, we really did have a
citation from an NRC inspector because the technologists routinely wore
the badges with the sensitive area (film) toward the back (posterior)
side of the hand.

Although it seems counter intuitive, we collected data using multiple
dosimeters for 14 months and we found slightly more exposure to the back
(posterior) of the finger than the front (anterior or palmar) side.

I wanted to see if anyone else had done a similar experiment.

Thanks again for the helpful comments.