Re: NRC proposal to reinstate Academic Exemption

Regarding NRC Proposals to reinstate Academic Exemption.
It is my understanding that the NRC has reinstated academic exemptions
pending the completion of the review period.  In my discussions with the
NRC fee office in Washington this Fall, I was told not to apply for
exemption of fees on the basis of "switching to possession only
license".  The proposal to reinstate academic examption comment period
is usualy only a preliminary to rule enactment.  I hope I read this
right that Academic Instituitions will be exempt!
John Swez
Radiation Laboratory
Indiana State University