New upload

I just received a disk from the HPS Newsletter.  It contained the HPS position
statement entitled, "Return to Background"
                         Health Physics Society*
                           Position Statement:

                         "RETURN TO BACKGROUND"

                Keith J. Schiager, Chair, Marvin Goldman,
       Kenneth L. Mossman, Francis X. Mass, Genevieve S. Roessler

                                 Purpose

Any proposed standard for cleanup of sites contaminated
with radioactive materials must address the question:
"How clean is clean enough?" A common response to this
question is: "Clean it up to natural background radiation
levels!" The purpose of this position statement is to provide
an interpretation of "natural background radiation" based on
the distribution of doses and calculated lifetime risks to the
public from natural radiation sources, and suitable as a
reference for comparison of doses and risks from anthropo-
genic sources.

The diskette did not contain the placement ads or the short course
announcements.  I'm trying to reach Gen now to let her know.

The position statement is available for anon FTP on romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu
(128.174.74.24) or through the gopher server here on romulus.