Non-Ionizing

At CMU we track all the Non-I sources and provide free training and surveys
if  the researchers request it; some do and some don't. We also do surveys
and provide control recommendations for  ELF sources that are above our
normal values - we appear to have  a quite a few. We don't do microwave ovens
!

Because of OSHA's Lab Standard and their compliance directive on lasers (they
are now using the compliance directive and the general duty clause to cite)
we are taking a slightly firmer position on laser set-ups and training in the
labs.

The RSC has an advisory role but no written authoritative control.

Pete C.
radsafe