Re: non-ionizing

Sorry for the late response but I'm just getting to e-mail.
The University of South Carolina has a fairly extensive program for the
non-ionizing radiations.  We have one individual that does the work with
all elctronic products emitting radiation (non-ionizing and ionizing).  She
has done a great deal of work in laser safety to include an inspection of
laser operations, policies and procedure development, training for all
operators of Class 4 lasers.  We have sent our training manuals
to OSHA for their review.  We base our policies and procedures on ANSI
standards.                        She also inspects microwave units as
requested, and UV lights when there is a problem.  We don't have the means
 for an accurate inventory for UV and microwaves, but when we find them, we
try to get proper labeling on them.   This individual also does the
academic and diagnostic x-ray equipment on campus.
If you would like more information, e-mail and I can get you in touch with
our person, Blanche Holliday.

LYNN B. DOBBS
RADIATION SAFETY OFFICE
UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH CAROLINA
D020219@UNIVSCVM
STANDARD DISCLAIMER---THESE OPINIONS ARE NOT
NECESSARILY THE OPINIONS OF THIS INSTITUTION.