Re: Ohio legislation re landfills

Bringing this dangerous *legislation* to our attention is a great service to
the HP community, IMHO.  Thank you!
But I wish you hadn't said -

>Experience has shown me, though, that "dangerous" could mean >anything
above background.

Statements like that have the potential to turn a case of latent radiophobia
to an acute one, quoted out of context.

>The Health Physics Society just released a position statement >that would
apply here, I believe.  Has this
>been considered by our legislators?

If not, maybe we ought to be sending e-mail (the preferred mode of
communication of members of this list?) to "our" legislators. Anybody know
what their addresses are?  I know there's at least one lawyer subscribed to
RADSAFE - the one who posted names and phone numbers of Midwest Compact
commissioners a while back.  Can you give us some help now, if you have
ready access to e-mail addresses at the statehouse?  Please?

>Okay fellow Ohioans.  Let's kick this one around a little!
>
>Best regards,
>Carl

That way, if we lose, at least we go down kicking.

Albert Vest                        avest@ohio-state.edu
Office of Radiation Safety               614-292-0122
The Ohio State University          FAX:  614-292-0970
Columbus OH 43210-1239             "My opinions only"
     "If we can't afford it, it's not ALARA!!"