Re: Ni-63 sealed source

Hi all....
    First thanks to all who have (and will) respond to my Ni-63
question.  Let me clarify it a bit, for some of you may benifit form
this also...
    Last month the NCR was here for a pre-licensing visit. We are
STILL switching over from aggeement state to NRC and are applying
for a broadscope class A license (cross fingers).  We have several gas
chromatographs on campus, and have recieved two this last year.  The
NRC stated that the new GCs may be generally licensed (may not too).
If they are, then I can take them off the license application,
if not... well I am sure you all follow.  As you readers of the
are or aren't generally licensed.  This may be a region ten specific
ruling, but I don't know.  All responses are welcome.  Realize that
the statements by the NRC were:
     1) in regards to Ni-63 sealed sources
        in GCs
     2) They know that we will have a broadscope A licence
     3) they know that we have GCs sources that aren't generally
        licensed
     4) They said they MAY be generally licensed, not that they were
So... this is the situation, and like I said... so of you may also
benifit from this.... Ciao

Bruce Busby
Idaho State University
Radiation Safety Office