Re: Ni-63 sealed source

The manufacturer should know if their sources were intended to be
distributed as generally licensed (I'll bet they were).  Even if
they were, it is possible that they were obtained pursuant to
a specific license (then they would be in the old license unless
they fell into a class or pool of isotopes or sources).  In any
event my preference would be to not list them on the specific license
if at all possible, at least as individual sources.  Also, even
if they are generally licensed, if you have a broadscope license
the regulatory agencies will treat them as specifically licensed
to the extent that you are responsible for inventory and leak
testing.  As others may have mentioned this can be a pain, since
it can be difficult to gain purchasing control on generally
licensed devices in order to put them on an inventory.
Static eliminators are especially difficult to maintain on
inventory.  Just my humble opinions on the matter.

Dale,   dale@radpro.uchicago.edu