Re: GE Maxitron X-Ray Units

> The Medical Department of Brookhaven National Laboratory is seeking
> information and parts for a General Electric Maxitron 250 X-ray unit.
> The unit which had operated for years, mostly with the help of rubber
> bands and bubble gum, is now pushing up daisies.
>
> Specifically, we are looking for a new tube, or info on having one
> reconditioned ( ? ).

I think you're in trouble.  We abandoned our Maxitrons _nine_ year ago when
we went through three tubes in two months (the original tube, a "new"
replacement tube, and a reconditioned tube).  The last two tubes GE installed
but refused to warrenty (we lost big bucks trying to keep the Maxitron in
service).

At that time we were told that there were no more new tubes, and that the
reconditioned tubes would be installed without warrenty.  We were also told
that certain parts of the transformer and "stack" could no longer be replaced.

We bit the bullet at that point, and bought a Phillips RT250.  It cost a lot,
but we could get a service contract on it (under which we've had a two oil
pumps and one head/tube replacement).