Re: Selling Sewer Disposal

Sue,

We are also looking into this as a possibility (probability).  We
have agreement from our Radiation Hazards Committee.  We are looking
for space, and are working on an amendment.  The current waste site
situation leaves few alternatives.  One of the things that I have
found interesting and helpful in selling the issue is to compare
our common isotopes, annual activities, and concentrations with
the amounts and concentration of the same isotopes expected in
rainfall for our area.  I'll have to unearth my calculations and
then send them to you.  Right now I have to go to a meeting to discuss
more press releases from DOE (Hazel O'Leary) about human radiation
experiments.  It is getting to be quite time consuming responding
to press releases about things that have been in the open literature
for forty years!

Also on the drum heater issue.  We are not planning to do anything
like that.  We hope to send incinerables to SEG as soon as we
can put a suitable Q.C. program in place.

Dale E. Boyce
dale@radpro.uchicago.edu
All standard disclaimers apply.