Re: Radiation Safety Officer Resources

Dear Lewis,
You've already been told about the Health Physics Society - what you get out of
the HPS is an annual meeting (at the end of June this year in San Francisco),
which is normally scheduled Sometime between late June and mid July.  The an-
nual meeting is preceded by a weeklong summer school dedicated to some topic
of health physics interest.  HPS also offers a midyear winter meeting, a jour-
nal, an entertaining and worthwhile monthly newsletter.

There are also several separate groups such as the Campus Radiation Safety
Officers (try Ninni Jacobs: njacob@gsosun1.gso.uri.edu as a contact) which
meets every two years, and groups like the Big Ten Radiation Safety Officers.

If you want additional training to help with your new responsibilities, there
are a number of training courses (usually 2 - 5 days long) offered at various
universities or by private companies.  Some of these are listed each month in
the HPS newsletter and others you find out about by being on the HPS mailing
list.  If you'd like immediate information about these training things, contact
me directly at my e-mail address or call me at (609)258-6252.

Best of wishes,
Sue Dupre/Health Physicist/Princeton University