Laser Safety

To all concerned,

At the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign,  Laser Safety and all other
forms of Non-ionizing Radiation Safety are controlled by the Radiation Safety
Committee.  We are in the process of writing a Non-ionizing Radiation Safety
Manual, and Safety Course.  I am assisted by a Graduate engineering student
assistant for Laser and other Non-ionizing Radiation Safety.  We are possibly going
to have a standing subcommittee of the RSC for these forms of radiation which would
include professors from various disciplines on campus.

Paul W. Shafer, Interim Head
Radiation Safety Section
(Health Physicist/Laser Safety Officer)
UIUC