Re: Re[2]: Pu Toxicity

>          Albert my friend:
>
>          Am I to take it that we agree!: that 0.1 mg is a reasonable,
>          albeit distasteful, quantity describing the lethal level of
>          Pu-239 with regard to cancer deaths, i.e. a stochastic
>          effect?

Certainly!  Any way you slice it, the probability (based on the stochastic
model) is well above 50%.  Not a risk I'd willingly accept, unless the
alternative were even worse.

BTW - Would anyone on the list be interested in seeing the press releases
sent out regarding our recent violations issued, and fines levied, by USNRC
region III?  I'll post them (and accept any and all flames, even though I
did not write them!) if you want.

Albert.
Albert Lee Vest    avest@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu
health physicist        Office of Radiation Safety
(614)292-0122            The Ohio State University
My employer did not review or approve this message.