New software utility for CAP88-PC available

Our office is now distributing a Population File Editor for the
CAP88-PC dose assessment software.  The Population File Editor
makes it more convenient to prepare up-to-date population data
for input to CAP88-PC.  CAP88-PC is used for determining
compliance with EPA standards for emission of radionuclides to
air at DOE facilities (40 CFR 61 Subpart H).

The Population File Editor software must be installed in a
Windows (Version 3.1 or later) environment.  The installation
program also provides an icon for executing CAP88-PC from the
Windows environment.  The program is distributed on a single high
density 3.5" installation disk, without copy protection.  Anyone
interested in obtaining a copy should send a blank, formatted
3.5" disk to me at this address:

     Barry S. Parks
     U.S. Department of Energy
     ER Office of ES&H Technical Support
     ER-8.2, GTN
     Washington, DC  20585

If you have any questions, please contact me at:
         barry.parks@mailgw.er.doe.gov on Internet.

I can also be reached at (301) 903-9649
              and by fax (301) 903-7047