Uranyl Acetate

Today, an electron microscopist discovered that uranyl acetate contains
depleted uranium even though it is labeled as rad limited quantity.
Of course we had no idea he has been working with it since 1965 not
bothering to wear gloves or working in a hood.  He now wants to know
the classic question of was he exposed to radiation?

I am interested in finding out how other institutions regulate this
substance with respect to personnel monitoring.  How would one go
about reconstructing  a dose?  Any good literature out there that I
could get my hands on.  Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Ira Schneider
Ischneid@gandalf.rutgers.edu