Re: I-131 THERAPY DOSES AT NUC MED FACILITIES

I read this thread with interest. In a conversation with our RPO, a couple
of additional thoughts were mentioned.

If you are doing in-line sampling:
     * sample closer to the the source than the exhaust of your air handling
       ducts
     * do NOT use copper or rubber for sampling lines - the iodine could/will
       plate out. If you use PVC as much as 20% of your total activity
       could plate out but this is measurable by sampling the PVC.

It is possible to do periodic monitoring. This involves periodically monitoring
all procedures done at your facility and multiplying that data out by the
number of procedures done per period.

He also pointed out that the exhalation of a patient is exempt from this
monitoring.

Just a couple of cents worth of thoughts.
Charly.