DECAY-IN-STORAGE

We are in the process of writing a proposal to our administration for
establishing a decay-in-storage program for our radioactive waste.  If
any other institution has recently started such a program, we are interested
 in any information you may care to share.  What kind of building, estimating
 square footage needed, equipment needs, segregating waste in the laboratories,
 what to store the waste in while in decay....  We know a few things that
must be looked at, but where to start is the problem.  Thanks in advance for
any information provided.

LYNN B. DOBBS
RADIATION SAFETY OFFICE
UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH CAROLINA
D020219@UNIVSCVM
STANDARD DISCLAIMER---THESE OPINIONS ARE NOT
NECESSARILY THE OPINIONS OF THIS INSTITUTION.