Thanks ($1000/person-Rem saved)

Thanks to Capt. Montgomery and others for pointing out the Reg Guide
and in fact the Reg 10CFR50 App. I.  Note that this applies to the
cost benefit of person-Rems saved in a radioactive waste stream
from a power plant.  Specifically in its effluent.  The person-Rems
to be saved are to members of the public!  Although there are specific
individual limits of 3 mRem whole body and 10 mRem any organ.  For
those of you who are not reading my mind, isn't there a significant
disparity in the regulations for air and water releases compared to
those for solid waste disposal?