Re: low level waste

The comments about decay-in-storage programs are encouraging.  Is anyone out
there incinerating or seeking permits to incinerate low level rad waste?  We
are currently exploring this among other options for some of our older mixed
waste.  My sense is that this is increasingly a difficult way to go not due
to the radioactivity, which is trivial, but because of tightening emissions
standards from the Clean Air Act and the proposed new dioxin standards, but
I'd like to hear about others' decisions and experiences in this regard.
Thanks.

Josh Hamilton
Chair, Dartmouth College Radiation Safety