Radiation Accident at UC Davis

I apologize if this has already been discussed on this list.

I have heard about a radiation accident at UC Davis recently.  The accident
involved the removal of the shutter assembly from a running X-ray generator.
The parties involved suffered severe burns and blindness. Can anyone provide
any substantial information?

Joseph D. Ferrara, Ph.D.                          | Phone: (713) 363-1033
Vice President of X-ray Diffraction               | Fax: (713) 364-3628
Molecular Structure Corporation                   | E-mail: JDF@MSC.COM
3200 Research Forest Drive                        |
The Woodlands, Texas  77381-4238                  |