Re: Natural background.

I am absolutely appalled by the statement of the Congressman from West
Virginia.  Clearly he (and his staff) need educating.  (By the way in
testifying once before the Oregon legislature I had a similar experience,
too lengthy to relate here, but which resulted in a recess by the
Committee chair who spent the next 30-40 minutes with me getting educated
over coffee.  She returned to the meeting room and adjourned the
committee; the bill died a very quiet death in committee and never saw
the light of day.)  In any event, Don, I suggest that you, as the
identifier of the problem,  ask the HPS
Secretariat to send out some informative literature; the Society now has
a person on the payroll whose job is just that.  Kudos for ferreting this
out.