From:          Erick Lindstrom <avrel@trex.oscs.montana.edu>

Subject:       To Badge, or Not To Badge

I c
But then don't you open the door for some lawyer to seduce a
"concerned" client
and commence to litigate!  Isn't that why we continue to monitor those
groups
anyway?  Lawsuitphobia!!!

I certainly don't believe that a dosimeter will preclude a successful
lawsuit.
But it seems that we are also in the business of protecting our
employers from
the barristers (and many of our workers from risks that don't even
exist).  In
that light, wouldn't you rather have a hard-and-fast dosimetry record
as
opposed to a hat full of excuses and explainations for why you
ceased
monitoring?

 we gotta adhere to the goofy
"political correctness" that permeates our environment.

-Erick

I better disclaim this one!
+------------------------------+
| Erick Lindstrom              |
| Radiation Safety Officer     |
| 309 Montana Hall             |
| Montana State University     |

+------------------------------+
George Anastas, Director
Environmental Health and Safety
California State University, Sacramento
6000 J Street
Sacramento, CA  95819-6002
Telephone 916/278-6456
FAX 916/278-5960

"The views expressed herein are those of the
author and do not necessarily reflect the views
of California State University, Sacramento,
California State University, the State of
California or any of its political subdivisions.
This posting is disclaimed."