Re: Badging Workers

I've got to ask a dumb question about who we are talking about as a badged
"worker".  Not having experience in a university setting, I may be making a
bad assumption.  I am making the assumption that "workers" who are badged have
some kind of "radworker" training. And they are trained and badged because they
have a need to do something that would likely cause them to exceed 10% of the
limit.  If this is true, they "should" understand the idea of saying, "hey,
you just don't get any dose, therefore you are not going to be a 'radworker'
any more." Problem here is they probably won't have access to areas and
materials they need, right?!

But if you're badging people that aren't working with RAM or accessing areas
that require dosimetry(due to potential for > 10% of the limit), and therefore
are not "radworkers" , I'm at a loss as to why they are badged in the first
place.

I am used to systems that link badging with training and access restrictions.
Of course, even then, you wind up with a bunch of folks with zero dose.  I'm
just trying to see if these are the same folks under contention.