Re: Badging Workers

On Fri, 16 Sep 1994, Ed Wilds wrote:

> to the public.  We are being asked to show, through calculated dose estimates
> in each lab, that the dose rates are below 2mrem/hr.  We were told that having
> a dose <10% does not demonstrate a dose rate below 2 mrem/hr.  Any ideas on
> how we can get this written back into our license like it was for the previous
> 10 years?

The rule on dose to the public states that the DOSE in an unrestricted
area will not exceed 2mrem in any one hour.  This is different from
maintaining a DOSE RATE less than 2mrem/hr.  Either your regulator does
not understand the reg. (not unusual) or what they expect of you has been
miscommunicated.

Is the lab an unrestricted area?