Re: Badging Workers

Johnny Brandon:  Concerning your inquiry about explaining mysterious 10 and 20
mrem doses to janitors and the like.  If I told you that we use a state-of-the-
art extraordinary new system in which we never have false positives and so
never have to deal with the problem you described, you might recognize me as a
liar.  Of course, when you overbadge, you do have to deal with the problem of
explaining false positives.  This situation tends to occur in the summer or
when our vendor has had control problems, so we generally end up sending out a
mass mailing to the people involved describing the problem.  We rarely hear
anything after we've sent out that explanation.  For myself, I'd rather not
badge the ancillary personnel and therefore not have the situation arise.

Sue Dupre/Princeton University