Re: Badging Workers

Fido-To: romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu!vmd.cso.uiuc.e

sue dupre,
thanks for responding, in view of your comment....

 r> anything after we've sent out that explanation.  For myself, I'd
 r> rather not
 r> badge the ancillary personnel and therefore not have the situation
 r> arise.

a question is begged:  if the dosimetry is supplied solely to
 supply "data" in the event of future lawsuits, aren't you really
supplying a future litigator ammunition by documenting exposures that
you could never "prove" to be spurious or insignificant (imagine a
sternglassian "expert" witness testifying that the six dosimetry reports
over a 10 yr. period that recorded 20 mrem caused the induction of cancer
20 yrs later)?
it seems to me that to badge or not to badge when monitoring is not
required by regulations is a can of snakes no matter which approach is
used.

and since disclaimers are in vogue, i claim to speak for no one but
me and sometimes i'm not even sure if i can claim that.
--- Maximus-CBCS v1.02
--- eecp 1.45 LM2

 * Origin: Check Source BBS (1:233/13)
--
HPS - via FidoNet node 1:233/13    (ehsnet.fidonet.org)