Re: Packard LSC

Fido-To: romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu!lmsc5.is.lmsc.

greetings don,
 r> Question: What do you all do to document that all of your shipments
 r> meet
 r> the requirements of 49 CFR 173.443 (external contamination limits)? Do
 r> you test _all_ of your packages, analyze the wipes, and get the

you are required to monitor packages that exceed the Type A quantity as
defined/listed in 49 CFR or if there is evidence of degradation of
package integrity (damaged, sopping wet, and so forth).  so it would
seem the question is answered by determining if the incoming package is
greater than the Type A value (or damaged).

we receive very (VERY!) few shipments in excess of the Type A quantity.
the regs simply require you to monitor and document the results. the type
of instrument is dependent upon the isotope involved.

john, uiuc health physics office
(i speak for me and me only, excepting those times when i am
unconscious)
--- Maximus-CBCS v1.02
--- eecp 1.45 LM2

 * Origin: Check Source BBS (1:233/13)
--
HPS - via FidoNet node 1:233/13    (ehsnet.fidonet.org)