Re: Emergency Response Procedures

At UCSF we have have a 24 hour emergecny staffed by EH&S personnel. The way our
 program works is :

All emergecny calls go to Campus Police first. They take the relevant informati
on (based on a check sheet provided by EH&S) and contact the "On Call Responder
THe responder then makes the follow up contacts and determines what steps are
to be taken. Except for Fires we do not contact the outside agencies for respon
se.
It should be noted that all responders (regardless their function e.g. biosafet
y, IH or radsafety) have a basic cross training to be able to handle most minor
situations. They will contact the back up experts as needed.