Radioiodine Air Sampling

We are contemplating the purchase of a Sensidyne (BDX 530) sampling pump,
to be complemented with a Gilian Gilibrator airflow calibration system.  The
system will be used for iodination hood stack monitoring, as well as other
IH type work.  We are also considering the GILair-8 pump.

Has anyone used this particular system for radioiodine effluent monitoring, and
if so, what are your thoughts regarding its efficacy?  Thoughts on the GILair
vs. the Sensidyne pumps?

Additionally, are there any activated carbon detector tubes available (e.g.,
Drager or Sensidyne) for this type of monitoring?  I know that SAIC has a
series of radioiodine sampler cartridges available (i.e., lapel type cartridges
for low LPM monitoring).

This system is to be temporary/periodic, as we are planning to migrate to a
fixed high volume sampler system for use in a single designated iodination
hood.

Does Gilian have their own catalog, or do they just sell to outfits like
Lab Safety Supply?  Any address and phone number for Gilian?

I am looking forward to your input...

-Erick

| Erick Lindstrom              |
| Radiation Safety Officer     |