Found Source

I got a call from a man who received a radium source from a thrift shop.  They
 were asking $1.00 for it but gave it to him free since he bought a number of
other things.  He had it for a year until he suspected it was radioactive.
I picked it up from him but do not know what it is or where it came from.

Let me describe it:  Its a metal yellowish orange rectangular container with a
hinged lid.  On a black metal plate on the side it says" Calibration source and
 jig for ___ meters.  Contamination No.1 S CatNo. 6665-110099  Serial #113
Year ____  Code_____    Ra source probe 100uC      meter reading to be 4 mR/hr"

And someone had written upon the case in black marker "Source 13943".That #
was also printed on the source.The source was inside the box on a hinge
 that enabled one to lift the source up or rotate it down to a horizontal
position centered (roughly) in the box.
There was a diagram on the box that showed how  nother instrument fit into the
 open lid in away that fixed the distance between the source and it.

Its' Ra 226 and not leaking.  But what is it?
Approx readings (end window GM): 1.5 m  bg, on contact with case 18 mR/hr,
5mm from source 100 mR/hr.
The metal box is not shielded and is roughly 2.5 by 2.5 by 6 inches.

The opinions contained within are solely those of the author
and do not represent those of BC Systems Corp. BC Min. of Health