Re: Radioiodine Air Sampling

Save lots of money and make your own charcoal samplers.  We use "drying
tubes" (see any lab catalog) filled with activated carbon purchased by
the pound.  We pack two stages of carbon in each tube separated by floss
in order to determine sampler efficiency.  Also if you pack your own
samplers, you can calculated and use the correct charcoal bed depth to
attain the suggested air residence time in the sampler of .125 to .25
seconds.  We use this type sampler for flow rates up to
about 12
LPM for short sampling times (1 - 14 days depending on flow rate,
humidity, etc.).

If you still want a prepacked tube, SKC makes them.
Bill Fendt U of Delaware.