Use of Uranyl Acetate

Greetings radsafers:

I need some information on the use of uranyl acetate. We are under the
impression that it falls under the general license, the same as a smoke
detector would. Is that the correct assumption? Is it necessary to follow any
of the procedures/precautions used for other radioactive isotopes? Does anyone
have any advice or opinions regarding PPE or personal monitoring for people
working with the compound? This compound was purchased from Mallinckrodt by one
of our sites, has a specific activity of ca. 0.2 microcuries/gm. Any
information would be greatly appreciated.

Carol Lentz
(lentzc@aa.wl.com)