Re: fuel rods and north sea

On Thu, 3 Nov 1994, Leo Bobek wrote:

> On Wed, 2 Nov 1994 don@radpro.uchicago.edu wrote:
>

> > The IAEA Bulletin article states that 136.682 PBq. have been disposed of
>
> > 1,000 TBq of activity disposed into the Atlantic; 4.3 TBq into the Pacific;
> > and 88,800 TBq into the Arctic.

In real units, that's 27 kCi in the Atlantic, 116 Ci in the Pacific
(presumably not counting the weapons tests), and 2.4 MCi in the Arctic.
Not really so much.

> Since I had to run to my CRC Standard Math Tables to look up the multiple
> P and T, I thought I would save the rest of you the trouble.    P=1E15,
> T=1E12.
>
> Ahh...those wonderful SI units.

Yeah, the only difference between one derived unit and the other is a
multiplying factor.  But, it's futile to argue religion:-)

Rich Oesterling
ogr@inel.gov
208-526-3757