Advertising - MODERATOR MESSAGE

> What we have experienced so far has not been a problem. But it can
> very quickly get out of hand. TMS is offering 25 courses next year,
> we're offering about 12. RSA, RSO, Harvard, HP Services, Huber,
> Skrable, Univ of Texas, Consultec, Canberra are a few of the other
> organizations with probably equal numbers of courses to offer. Do we
> really want to see notices everytime a course is put on? Once this
> precedent becomes established the equipment manufacturers will get
> involved and I wouldn't blame them.

I think Paul Frame made the point.  People should refrain from posting
commercial ads to the RADSAFE list.  I do not think it would be appropriate
for several commercial interests to start using this forum to compete
for sales.  This list is maintained as a volunteer effort, using University
equipment.  We receive NO financial support from HPS or any vendors.  This list
is for discussion of issues of general interest to the radiation safety
community.  Commercial advertising of any kind is inappropriate.

We maintain the file areas on the BBS and the FTP server here on
romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu.  Anyone may contribute files to be made available for
users to download.  Course announcements in the form of downloadable files
are appropriate as are any other files which help in the dissemination
of information (commercial products and courses included).  Demonstration
versions of radiation safety related software from commercial vendors are
encouraged.

Uploads can be made to the Check Source BBS (217-244-6954), to the FTP
server (romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu -> to the "incoming" directory.  Diskettes may
also be mailed to me at P.O. Box 3023 Urbana, IL 61801 for uploading.

--
      Hector Mandel, CHP, Manager of Systems Services | (217) 244-7237
      OCCSS, CCSO - Computing                         | h-mandel@uiuc.edu