Re: Program for calculation of X-ray spectra

>>I have uploaded the file XCOMP3R.ZIP to
>>                  ftp://romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu/incoming.

>>Comments and indication on the fields of application are welcome.
>>Thanks to the administrator for taking the steps to make it
>>available.

Thanks a LOT!!  This will prove VERY useful.

BUT - since you asked - I can make some enhancement suggestions even before
I take a look at it.

FIRST:  A reverse calculation from HVL to AL equivalent filtration.  In
California we find that between State and Federal law it is possible to have
a machine that meets minimum filtration by one and not the other.  I
currently back "calculate" filtration from HVL by interpolation of a family
of curves I have drawn from very old 1st and 2nd HVL data published by Dale
Trout in Radiology circa 1950.  An analytical method to do this would be
very nice.

SECOND:  My x-ray work extends beyond diagnostic to - almost anything!  So
to have a wider range of anode and filter and to be able to vary take-off
angle would allow this program to be used for analytical x-ray devices - and
MAYBE even misc. HV devices.  Also - a KV waveform input and increase to at
least 300 kV could be useful.

Pretty tall order huh???  Of course this IS a big wishlist - but it would
essentially make this a COMPLETE x-ray output calculation program and
extended its use into industrial applications where predictive calculations
could be very useful and where there is NOT a large pre-existing body of
literature with the information already available.

There WAS a monte carlo program for this called TUBE at NRDL - but, as I was
led to believe, it was never completely documented and never released.  Too
bad to lose such wonder work!!