Re: xcomp3r X-ray program

Date sent:  18-JAN-1995 10:04:00
>From:	SMTP%"radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu" 18-JAN-1995 03:43:06.66
>To:	HOSPAM
>CC:
>Subj:	Re: xcomp3r  X-ray program
>

>>>If I decide to retrieve this x-ray program file will it come in a "ready
>>>to use " form for us newbies? or do I need some computer expertise to do
>>>anything with it?
>
>Haven't picked it up again to try - and don't know if I will.  I basically
>avoid programs that want to choose their own directory structure.  My hard
>disk is well organized - if I allowed every program I run to set things up
>as it pleased - it would be a real mess.

The current version of xcomp3r apparently doesn't have this problem.

I have the earlier one,  and found that it works fine if you create the
directory that it asks for and transfer the .dat files to it.

I checked 1 spectrum against the tabulation of Birch & Marshall (80 kV,
2.5 mm Al,  17 deg target angle) and found close agreement.

The output is presented as a *very* presentable graph with parameters such
as HVL printed down one side.   You can also store the spectrum in as ascii
file for further manipulation of the data with your own software.