Subject: epidemiology and non-ionizing radiation
Author:  radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu at ccsmtp
Date:    1/23/95 3:43 AM

 My colleague, Prof. Michael Quastel has been showing me the
comments on power lines and health, and it occurred to me that there
may be some value in hearing from an epidemiologist working in the
area of radhealth. In general epidemiological findings are problematical
for scientists with strong traditions in experimental research, because
the list of relevant variables is usually longer than the patience or
resources of an investigator, and because conclusions are generally
those of association, and not, at least to purists, of causation.