Re: I-131 Therapies

One thing I forgot to mention, don't use chlorinated cleanser
in your decon procedures.  I learned the hard way.  After a
patient successfully missed the toilet entirely during a
therapy that was performed without waiting for us to prep the
room, I was faced with a bathroom floor reading 50 mRem/hr
at a few inches.:(  I kicked the techs out and proceded to
begin the decon myself.  I first hit it with cold KI solution,
then started in with the Comet.  Being a chemist in a previous
incarnation I recognized the formation of elemental iodine
almost immediately.  The floor turned an ugly color and the
wax was successfully radiolabled.  I spent two weeks scouring
the floor to get the room back in service.