Re: I-131 therapies -Reply

We use procedures similar to Dale Boyce but the rolls of bench coat,
plastic backed absorbent paper, cost about 20 dollars for a 20" by 300'
roll and we generally use 1/3 to 1/2 of a roll per room.

Also check to see if you can dispose of the waste by the less than 300
day half-life disposal method.  In Texas we can dispose of radioisotopes
with half-lives of less than 300 days in a Type 1 Landfill if it meets
specific criteria.  This has greatly reduced the cost to our facility.

I don't know of any way to get around the time spent wrapping a room or
cleaning it.

Good Luck

Jody Spence JSPENCE@mednet.swmed.edu