Re:: Dose rate constants

     Boy, I hope that I don't get too pounded for this one,

     but,

     As  most,  if  not  all  of you know, when  you  look  at  a
full/detailed  decay  scheme  of  many  radioisotopes,  including
I-125, there is a LOT going on (i.e. x-rays as well).

     The  original  Radiological Health Handbook (last  published
Jan.  1970)  gives a "Gamma" constant for I-125 at  approximately
.07  R/hr at 1m/Ci.  This may be a true number for the gammas and
only the gammas and may not include the plethora of x-rays...

     However,  I am so used to taking the information in the "old
book"  as tried and true, that I find it hard to put credence  in
the  younger  come-up-en's numbers... I'd sure like to  see  some
real  experimental  evidence  on this and other  gamma  constants
(excuse me, dose rate constants).

     Joel Baumbaugh, RSO
     NRaD
     San Diego (ya, it's sunny today, its always sunny here...)

     Std. disclaimer - no one at my work agrees with me anyway...